Six weeks into the school year and we’re coming up short for bag lunch ideas. Unfortunately, a loud majority of our household do not like sandwiches, so we end up doing a lot of soups & leftovers. It’s been a challenge that I’ve embraced: find new& healthy Thermos-friendly options for lunches. I stumbled upon this recipe and adapted it slightly to fit our families tastes and I can proudly say it’s a hit! Enjoy.
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup finely grated carrot
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place sheet of parchment on a baking tray and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients with your hands until well mixed.
- Flatten meat mixture into a large square patty, about 1″ thick.
- Cut into 1″ squares, but don’t cut all the way through.
- Bake in 350°F oven until temperature inserted reads 160°F (about 20-25 minutes).
- Once cooked and cooled, they will break apart easily.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.